Miura Zawo Soba (Buckwheat Noodle) with Yamasa Soba Senka (Soba Sauce)
This is one of our 癒やされ ('Iyasare' / Comfort) packs for days when you're too lazy and just want something simple yet comforting. For days when we just want to have something light on the stomach, we know there's always soba to count on.
Iyasare Pack consists of a pack of Miura Zawo Soba (200G) and a bottle of Soba Senka (soba sauce). Items may be purchased separately.
- Soba is imported from Japan
- This soba is made with whole buckwheat
- Soba noodles are normally served either chilled with soba senka or in a hot broth as a noodle soup.
- How to cook soba: Boil water in a large pot. Insert soba into pot at random so that noodles won't stick together, and stir lightly. When the water reaches a full boil again, add 1 cup of cold water. Repeat this process twice. When the water returns to a full boil, check the noodles to see if they’re done. You want them to be firm-tender. Do not overcook the noodles. Once done, drain the noodles and rinse well under cold running water to cool the noodles.
- How to eat cold noodles: Best enjoyed with spring onion, wasabi (horseradish), katsuobushi bonito flakes and a raw quail egg with the soba dipping sauce.
- How to eat hot noodles: Chill hot noodles in iced water, then pour hot water over the noodles and drain before adding the broth. Best enjoyed with leeks/spring onion, ohba, chopped seaweed, or shinchimi (7-flavor spice powder).
- How to use: 1 sauce : 1 water