Hamanaka Ensui Uni / 浜中塩水海胆 / (Salt Water Sea Urchin Roe fr Hamanaka, Hokkaido)
Ensui Uni is considered one of the best way of treating Uni in the market. After the Uni is cracked open and cleaned, instead of going straight to the box, it goes into a saltwater concocted to replicate the ocean's water.
This method retains the most natural taste and texture of Uni without any preservatives or chemicals. This is as close as you get from cracking the Uni by the seaside!
- Sashimi-grade, air-flown from Japan to Singapore
- Product of Hamanaka, Hokkaido, the area with the most concentrated efforts in rearing the best sea urchin for Japan.
- Fresh Hokkaido Aka Uni a.k.a sea urchin roe
- 100G Pack, COMES IN TWO TYPES -- Aka Uni and Murasaki Uni. Both are equally sweet and creamy. The difference apart from the color is the size of the pieces. The Murasaki Uni is currently larger in size than the Aka Uni, hence the latter has more pieces than the former.
- Please note that Hamanaka is a place in Hokkaido, NOT A BRAND. Packaging may differ as we only buy what is the best at the market on the day of purchase. If you do not trust the Uni specialists at the Uni auction, please do not proceed with purchase.
- Uni is placed on a separate layer, just lift the Uni layer away from the saltwater for easy separation of Uni from the saltwater.
- Best consumed in sushi, as sashimi, chirashi, wrapped in nori as a snack or as a pasta for dinner
- Or check out other types of Uni that can only be found on Zairyo in Singapore here.
- Check our recipes page on how to cook with uni or you may check out #ZairyoSG for more uni porn!