Omakase Narabi Uni 250G (Sea Urchin Roe) / 海胆 250G
After being asked a thousand times what the difference is between this Uni and the other Uni we've got listed, here it is: the 250G Uni is a grade A Uni that's picked by the Uni specialists at the Uni Auction, based on what's the best for the day at the best value.
So it could be Murasaki OR Bafun -- we leave it to them, hence Omakase (trans: I entrust to you).
- Sashimi-grade, air-flown from Japan to Singapore
- Picked directly off the Uni Auction, then air-flown to your doorstep. We fly it in only when you make an order so it is always fresh!
- Why is yours better?
We have been working with the vendors at Toyosu Market for over 15 years now. Gaining access to the Uni auction just means that we get first dibs on the best quality Uni for the day at the best price range. Everything else then gets passed on to the Uni vendors at the Toyosu Market and all around the world after the auction.
Please note that Uni under 200G are NEVER listed at the Uni auction as Grade A Uni will never be packed into smaller packs. The smaller packs are from a trusted Uni vendor friend who picks and recommends us the best ones of the day.
- What grade is your Uni?
Grade A. Not all Uni get to be in the Uni auction, only Uni of Grade A gets into the auction. 90G and 100G Uni are grade B, grade A Uni will NEVER be packed into smaller packs at Toyosu Market.
- What is Narabi?
Narabi means that the Uni is neatly lined straight instead of the criss-cross versions you may see (the criss-cross versions are called Bara). We carry only Narabi for the 250G as they are of a better quality than the Bara in terms of consistency (if you want that picture perfect shot of it lined on your plate or Sushi).
- Best consumed in sushi, as sashimi, chirashi, wrapped in nori as a snack or as a pasta for dinner
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Please note that Omakase Uni is whatever our Uni specialists at the Uni Auction recommends for the day. It could be Bara (criss cross), messy, or Narabi (lined neatly). It would be whatever that tastes the best that day, regardless of how it is lined. If you wish for it to be lined neatly (Narabi), please choose another Uni that states clearly that it is Narabi in the title. We will not be able to make any requests for how the Uni is lined.
- By order only; air-flown items will be flown in every Tues, Wed, Fri & Sat (unless otherwise stated). Please refer to the timer on this page for the earliest airflown date or refer to our air-flown schedule.
- How to store Uni: Keep chilled in the Chiller. NOT Freezer. We do not freeze our Uni. They are delivered fresh chilled.
- Note: Image is for illustration purposes only. The size of the lobes are dependent on the catch of the week and cannot be uniform. It varies and may sometimes come bigger (which means lesser pieces in a box), or smaller in size (which means more pieces in a box). Boxes are sold based on weight, not number of rows or number of lobes.
- Check our recipes page on how to cook with uni or you may check out #ZairyoSG for more uni porn!