Chilli Crab Pasta in 15 Minutes August 01 2016
If you've ever wondered how restaurants have the patience to pick every bit of crab meats for your pastas, this is their secret.
These crab meats have been flying off our shelves ever since we've introduced them and it's for good reason - they taste just as good as someone picked them for you. And we always want someone to peel crabs for us. :p
Needless to say, these convenient gems are a hit with lazy cooks all around. It wouldn't make sense to share a complicated recipe with an ingredient so easy to use, yes?
So here's our lazy person's super easy Chilli Crab Pasta recipe, done in 15 minutes!
Here's what you need for 2 to 3 pax:
- 3 pax worth of pasta (we used linguine, you can use spaghetti or bucatini)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced (use more if desired)
- 2 cups of water
- Half can of Crab Meat, or more if desired (there's a promo going on for these now that's ending end August!)
- 1 pack of Chilli Crab Paste (we used Prima Taste's Chilli Crab paste)
- 1 tsp of dried Basil
- 2 tsp of dried Oregano
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
1. We did this using the One Pot Paste-style, which means you don't have to cook the pasta first. Just place your pasta in a pan with the minced garlic, herbs and cover it with approximately 1.5 cups of water and a drizzle of olive oil like so:
2. If you're using the Prima Taste Chilli Crab Paste, you can skip the Premix Powder which is basically just starch. If you cook it like us (as shown above), you don't have to add starch since the pasta naturally makes the water starchy after boiling.
3. We added the whole pack of Chilli Powder and though it is shiok, it is not advisable if you can't take spice.
If you're trying it out, tag us on Instagram!